The Majestic Niagara Falls
After 40 years of immigration from virtually every country, Toronto has realized its promise as a vibrant picture postcard of world culture. In just three days, Toni and I--and our Nordic passport holding friends Jefta and Tate--learned exactly how true this was as we grilled South Korean liver, laughed with an African-Canadian Quebecois comedian, listened to American Jazz music, ordered Baklava in the Greek sector, walked through a hobby farm in the middle of the city, relished Guacamole in north T.O., and ordered French delicacies-- je'voudrais une crêpe anybody?--in trendy Yorkville . Also, we learned that the Canadian side of Niagara Falls are way, way cooler (literally) than the smallish US side. Still, I'd pick Philadelphia over cosmopolitan Toronto any day of the week. There's just something je ne sais quoi about good olde Philly--just as long as I repress my hatred of the local obsession with the cheesesteak sandwich.
Walking the trendy streets of TO
Delicious French Crepes for Lunch (chocolate in our teeth for proof)
2 comments:
Cute pictures! Yum chocolate...Looks pretty cold at Niagara...no Maid of the Mist?!
Ha, I didn't notice the chocolate in your teeth before! Funny!
Post a Comment