Monday, February 15, 2010

Our Cat Grayson, 2001-2010



Grayson, the proud white and tan cat from the banks of Grace Lake,MN passed away early on February 15. His extensive femur bone injury due to a tragic ceiling beam fall—the last of his many legendary household explorations—proved too much for the medical specialists. Grayson is remembered by his saviors Kata and Judson who rescued him as a kitten from the cold Minnesota wilderness; his human parents Ben and Toni, two traditionally non-cat people who eventually embraced the feline species; Macy his Minnesota Maltese sister; and his Weimaraner half-brother Berlin, who is still searching under the bed for his arch rival. Grayson would represent the best and worst of the Aughts. He was partisan and selfish at times, but surprisingly loving and unpredictable in the best of ways. He will be missed.

6 comments:

Marnee said...

ohh, so sorry. Grayson was a huge part of your lives, traveling with you to Philly. We will miss Grayson, but never forget him. He made us laugh and jump, pouncing on our ankles from underneath the bed-ruffle...or from behind books on the shelf...or from his place on the bed...Sleep well, dear Grayson. You join our Irish Setter Hanni in the happy beyond...

Kata Colleen said...

TONI. I cannot believe this.
seriously sad.
until we meet again, so long sweet grayson

John & Stacie said...

B&T what a tragic way to follow Valentine's Day. I'm so sorry.

jpearson@sherbtel.net said...

I am so sorry, Toni and Ben. Grayson was a great cat. I know how sad I would be if I lost ours. Thanks for posting about this and sharing the photo. What a brave spirit that kitty had!

Lindstrom Five said...

Wow! What a shock! Hope you are coping okay...

Molly said...

I AM SO SAD!